At school, Jordin (E.J. Bonilla) is a cocky but charming Latino firebrand; at home he is a doting grandson who can't seem to please his perpetually cranky father. On the day he gets suspended for insulting a teacher, Jordin meets Felipa (Veronica Diaz-Carranza), a bookish, no-nonsense New Yorker who sees past the swaggering facade. The two immediately embark on an unlikely friendship that inspires to Jordin to find out who he really is.
Screen Media Films
- Independent Spirit Awards Nomination, director Nicholas Ozeki as "Someone to Watch"
- Urbanworld Film Festival Best Narrative Feature
- Napa Valley Film Festival Audience Choice Award
- Los Angeles International Film Festival, Narrative Competition (2011)
- Santa Rosa International Film Festival (2011)
- HBO New York International Latino Film Festival (2011)
- Urbanworld Film Festival (2011)
- Napa Valley Film Festival (2011)
- San Luis Obispo International Film Festival (2012)
- San Diego Latino Film Festival (2012)